Church of St. Henry and St. Kunhuta

Founded in 1348, the Gothic temple was built as a parish church for the upper New Town of Prague founded at the same time. The construction work lasted until the beginning of the 15th century.

Details

Church of Our Lady under the Chain

Originally, a three-naved, Romanesque basillica from the 11th century stood on this spot, of which only a part is preserved. The current building is a Gothic Church dating from around 1250.

Details

Betlehem chapel

Staré Město, Betlémské náměstí Built in the Gothic style on a trapezoid ground plan, the chapel was founded by merchants Kriz and Hanuš z Mühlheimu in 1391 as a center of the reform movement.

Details

Church of Our Lady of the Snows

New Town, Jungmannovo square This Gothic church by the Carmelite monastery, near to the walls of the Old Town, was founded in 1347 by Charles IV, to commemorate his coronation.

Details

Church of st. Giles

Staré Město, Husova ulice Built in the Gothic style from 1339 to 1371 by Bishop Jan of Drazice and Archbishop Arnost of Pardubice, the church replaced an older Romanesque shrine.

Details

The Strahov Monastery

Hradčany, Strahovské nádvoří 1 Founded in 1140 along the way to the Prince`s Castle, the Strahov Monastery was the first Premonstratensian monastery built in the region, at a place where sentries kept watch (“Strahovalo”) which gave the monastery its name.

Details

Tyn Church (Church of Our Lady Before Tyn)

Staré Město, Staroměstské náměstí The Tyn church is a dominant landmark of the Old Town Square and the historical centre of Prague. The original Romanesque church, first mentioned in 1135, belonged to the hospital of foreign merchants in today's Ungelt.

Details

St. Nicholas in the Old Town

Staré Město, Staroměstské náměstí This High Baroque sacred buidling was constructed to the design of Kilian Ignatius Dienzenhofer between 1732 and 1735.

Details

Loreta

Hradčany, Loretánské náměstí The Baroque, pilastered facade of the pilgramage complex was built between 1720 and 1724 to the design of Krystof and Kilian Ignatius Dienzenhofer.

Details

St. Vitus Cathedral

Praha - Hrad, 3. hradní nádvoří (In 1997, Cardinal Vlk issued a decree to rename the cathedral to “St. Vitus, Wenceslas and Adalbert Cathedral”) Built around 925, Prince`s Wenceslas`s Romanesque rotunda was the original temple of St.

Details

St. Nicolas church - Lesser Town

Malá Strana, Malostranské náměstí St. Nicolas church is high baroque sacral building built in the years 1704 to 1755. The main nave and the front facade was built by Kryštof Deinzenhofer in the year 1704 to 1711, the choir part and cupola by his son, Kilián Ignác Deinzenhofer in the years 1737 to 1752 and the thin bell-tower by Carlo Lurago in the year 1755.

Details

Church of St. John Nepomuceni

Hradčany, Kanovnická ulice This high baroque church was built according to the project of Kilián Ignác Diezenhofer in the years 1720 - 1729 as his first sacral building.

Details

St. Salvator church

Staré Město, Křižovnické náměstí The church has an complicated history of the different architectural styles. It was built at the groundprojection of the renaissance basilica at the place of former St.

Details

St. Rochus church

Address: Hradčany, Strahovské nádvoří The emperor Rudolf II. had this mannerist church built in the years 1603 to 1612. It used to be the parish church of Strahov.

Details

Church of St. Benedict

Hradčany, Hradčanské náměstí Originally a Gothic parish church of the town of Hradcany, it is first mentioned in 1353. The church was rebuilt in the late 1400s and then renovated after a devastating fire which destroyed much of Hradcany and Lesser Town in 1541.

Details

Church of Virgin Mary Angelic

Hradčany, Loretánské náměstí This simple baroque church, free of any decoration, was founded in 1602 as part of the oldest Capuchin monastery in Czech Countries.

Details

Church of Our Lady at Strahov (Assumption of Our Lady)

Hradčany, Strahovské nádvoří It was originaly three-nave romanesque basilica with a transcept and two towers, founded in 1140 as part of the monastery of the Premonstratensian order.

Details

St. George Basilica

One of the most important Romanesque monuments and the second oldest Prague church is located at the St. George Square. The basilica was founded by přince Vratislav I.

Details

Church of St. John the Baptist "na Prádle"

Malá Strana, Říční It used to be the romanesque church bellonging to the village Újezd and it was first mentioned in the year 1142. The existing church nave is Gothic from the half of 13th century, the choir part is renaissance from the years 1641 - 1644.

Details

St. Joseph Church - Lesser Town

Lesser Town, Josefská Street Baroque church built between 1630 and 1653 built in a simple Capuchin style without decoration by Mělichar Mayer right next to the Capuchin monastery which was established in 1630.

Details

St. Cajetan church

Malá Strana, Nerudova The church was built in the years 1691 to 1717 in high baroque style for the order of theatins (St. Cajetan order) at the ground projection of a cross.

Details

Church of Our Lady Victorious

Malá Strana, Karmelitská Built by German Lutherans and consecrated to the Holy Trinity, this church was the first Baroque ecclesiastical structure in Prague.

Details

St. Lawrence church (Petřín)

Malá Strana, Petřínské sady The baroque sanctuary at the top of Petřín hill was finished by the architect Ignác Palliardi in the year 1770. It was preceded by the romanesque single-nave church first mentioned in 1135 and according to the legends, founded by the duke Boleslav II.

Details

St. Lawrence church (Nebovidy)

Malá Strana, Hellichova Originally a romanesque parish church of the village called Nebovidy which joint Lesser Town in the years 1360 - 1362. The church was rebuilt in Gothic style in the 14th century.

Details

Church of St. Bartholomew

Staré Město, Bartolomějská ulice The High - Baroque church was built by the Jesuits from 1726 to 1731 according to the project of Kilián Ignác Dienzenhofer.

Details

Convent of St. Agnes of Bohemia

Staré Město, Anežská 12 This convent, located at “Na Frantisku”, is considered the oldest Gothic structure in Prague and all of Bohemia. Agnes prompted her brother, king Vaclav I, to found the convent in 1233 – 1234 for the order of Poor Clares.

Details

Church of the Holy Spirit

Staré Město, Dušní ulice The Gothic temple built next to the Benedictine Nuns Convent in 1346 was located in the immediate neighborhood of the Jewish Quarter.

Details

St. Castulus church

Staré Město, Haštalské náměstí It is a gothic three-nave basilica built approx. at 1330 but it is on the place of older romanesque hospital church, which was mentioned in the year 1234 for the first time.

Details

St. Gallen Church

Staré Město, Havelská ulice The church was built in the years 1232 - 1239 as part of the founding of new St. Gallen quarter at the eastern side of the Old Town of Prague.

Details

St. James church

Staré Město, ulice Malá Štupartská The church was originaly built as Gothic but afterwards reconstructed in baroque style. It was founded in 1339 and King Charles IV.

Details

Church of St. Clement - Old Town

Staré Město, Karlova ulice Baroque Jesuit shrine came to being in 1711-1715 according to the project of František Maximilian Kaňka near the place of an original Romanesque church built by 1232 by Dominicans.

Details

Church of St. Clement - New Town

Nové město, Klimentská Originally a Romanesque church from the beginning of the 11th century, it was later re-built several times. In 1226 the Dominicans took posession of it.

Details

Chapel of the Holy Cross

Staré Město, ulice Karolíny Světlé A parish church for the settlement on the left bank of the Vltava, the Romanesque rotunda was built around 1100, deconsecrated in 1784 and designated for demolition in 1860.

Details

St. Martin in the Wall Church

Staré Město, Martinská ulice The church was built in the 12th century as a Romanesque parsonage church in the village of St. Martin Újezd which used to exist here.

Details

St. Salvator church

Staré Město, Salvátorská ulice The church was built in the years 1611 to 1614 as a three-nave basilica in a mannerist style with a slight touch of Gothic details.

Details

St. Simon and Jude church

Staré Město, ulice U milosrdných Since 1357 there used to be a hospital with a chapel, founded by Bohuslav of Olbramovice, on the place of today church.

Details

The church of the Holy Trinity

Nové město, Spálená ulice The baroque church of the Holy Trinity was built by the year 1713 by the architect Ottavio Broggio next to the monastery of the Trinitarians.

Details

St. Joseph Church - New Town

Nové město, náměstí Republiky Baroque church built between 1630 and 1653 built in a simple Capuchin style without decoration by Mělichar Mayer right next to the Capuchin monastery which was established in 1630.

Details

St. Michael in Jirchaře Church

Nové město, V Jirchářích The church came to being upon a Gothic rebuilding of an original Romanesque structure in the village of Opatovice in 1115.

Details

St. Ursula Church

Nové město, Národní třída This barroque single-nave building was built in the years 1698 to 1704 by Marco Antonio Canevalle as part of the convent of the order of the Ursulines, which dates to the year 1674 to 1678.

Details

St. Charles Borromeo Church

Malá Strana, Vlašská Early Empire style church without a steeple next to the former convent of Sisters of Mercy was built in 1855. Today the church houses the State Medical Library and the convent was transformed into hospital Pod Petřínem.

Details

Church of St. Adalbert

Nové město, Vojtěšská ulice The originally two - nave temple, first mentioned in 1318, was completely renovated in the Baroque style with the exception of the chancel from 1720 to 1730.

Details

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00