Charles' Bridge

Charles' Bridge, originally known as the Stone Bridge or Prague Bridge (Charles' Bridge from 1870), is named for Charles IV. Construction was begun in 1357, directed by Petr Parler.

Details

Golden Lane

It was once called 'Zlatnicka' (Goldsmith's street), probably the dwelling of a goldsmith. It grew up between the romaneque and later Gothic fortifications in the northern part of the Castle.

Details

Matthias Gate

This forms the entrance to the first and second courtyards of the castle. It was erected in the 17th century, probably by the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Fillipi, and originally stood alone in the space between Hradcanske namesti and the castle like an ancient triumphal arch, which led to the seat of the king.

Details

Barrage Štítkovský

Barrage Štítkovský This barrage was created in The Middle Ages. Nowadays it is one of the systems of the lock chamber Smíchovský, lying between Janáček waterfront and Slovanský island.

Details

Barrage Staroměstský

Barrage Staroměstský This barrage can be found between Kampa and the footbridge of Novotný. It is the oldest barrage in Prague, which was created in 13th century, and the only one which has preserved its original appearance and form.

Details

Vyšehrad

Vyšehrad Vyšehrad is a historical fortification on a rock over the right side of The Vltava and appears in legends from the early part of Czech history.

Details

Dancing House

The Dancing House, also called Ginger and Fred, was built in 1996 and can be found on the right bank of The Vltava in Prague, on the corner of Rašín waterfront and Jirásek square.

Details

The Fountain of Kranner

This fountain can be found in The Old Town in Prague, in a small courtyard on the waterfront of Smatana (Smetanovo nábřeží). It is the memorial of emperor František I (1768-1835), combined with a fountain.

Details

Karolinum

Old Town, Ovocný trh 3 Karolinum (meaning: Charles`College) is the name of the oldest part of Charles University founded by Charles IV in 1348. This is where Jan Hus lectured as professor and held the position of Rector for a while.

Details

Deer Moat

Dear Moat is a natural valey in the complex of the Prague Castle with the size of 8 hectars. The Brusnice River was flowing through the valey, later regulated and put into the piping.

Details

Lesser Town Townhall (Beseda)

Malá Strana, Malostranské náměstí 2 The today late-renaissance building used to be the townhall of the Lesser Town till the end of the15th century.

Details

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00