Furstenberg Garden

Gardens below Prague Castle

Malá Strana

Furstenberg Garden is embellished with fountains, stairways and balustrades from the 18th century. The original small gardens which were here already in the 16th century were joined into one by Václav Berka z Dubé. The garden was modified again at the end of the 19th century; the present-day appearance dates back to the period after 1945. The garden is made up of two parts: the terraced hillside with fountains and balustrades from the 1750s, and a parterre modified at the end of the 19th century. Due to the fact that the garden is part of the grounds of the Polish Embassy, it is not open to the public; however, a cast iron grill manufactured at the Krivoklat foundry makes it possible to view the garden from the street.

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00