Vojan gardens

Malá Strana, U Lužického semináře 17

Vojan Gardens (Vojanovy Sady) are considered the oldest partially preserved garden in Prague. This park was a part of a former orchard which was founded at the same time as the Bishop Court was demolished in 1248. It was called then after its owner: Pytlíkovská or Flavínovská. A scenic terrace with a niche, benches and rose pergolas can be found in the gardens and there is a very well restored sundial on one of the walls. The park (area 2,4 hectars) was open to the public in May, 1954 and at this occasion, it was named "Vojanovy Sady" in memory of a distinguished Czech actor Eduard Vojan who had lived and died nearby.

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00