High synagogue

Staré Město Červená 5

The High synagogue was built at the end of 1570s in the high renaissance style as part of the building of Jewish Town Townhall. The money was donated by the banker Mordechaj Maisel. The synagogue was demaged by the fire in 1689. At the end of the 18th century the house of prayer got new late baroque supplement of the women department and in 1880s it was separated from the townhall. In the 2nd half of 20th century the interiour overcame several remodelations. Nowadays the building is used by the Prague Jewish Museum for temporary expositions.

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00